[OpenAFS] Re: AFS performance problems: Where's current (IBM's is 2000) HowTo Install +Config Doc?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:09:38 +0100 (CET)

> I'm willing to have a go at this & install on 64-bit
> Scientific Linux 4.4 server. I don't know that much
> about our existing AFS server so will need some
> tutorial documentataon in configuring a new AFS server
> & migrating allthe config+data to a new server.

If you are not familiar it will be much faster if you use an OS that
the OpenAFS community makes binary releases for. Unless you can get
fresh and good binary releases for SL 4.4.

BTW, you don't need to run an AFS client on your AFS server, this
might make things easier for you, because you don't need to care
about the kernel module at all to run the server. If you are in
a haste, you can start moving the fileserver first and can move
the DB server processes from your ancient machine later.

Harald.