[OpenAFS] Re: AFS performance problems: Where's current (IBM's is 2000) HowTo Install +Config Doc?

avison48 avison48@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:09:25 +0000 (GMT)

Harald Barth said:
> You might want to upgrade the software (this week's
> version is 1.4.6) or just move the whole thing to a
> modern hardware and software and get it over with.

I'm willing to have a go at this & install on 64-bit
Scientific Linux 4.4 server. I don't know that much
about our existing AFS server so will need some
tutorial documentataon in configuring a new AFS server
& migrating allthe config+data to a new server.

I've downloaded & installed openafs-docs-1.4.4-rhel4.2

- it is documentation from IBM dated 2000.
Is this as modern as afs documentation is?

So far the doc looks extremely complicated & not the
thing to be done in a hurry. But with the current one
mysteriously broken, the pressure's on. A lucid but
careful tutorial would be most welcome.