[OpenAFS] /etc/rc.d/init/afs start does not start afs

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:06:50 -0500

Stephan.Wiesand@desy.de wrote:
> There are other differences. Since SL releases and OpenAFS releases
> rarely line up, it often seems expedient to pull some of the CVS
> patches into an SL release. It's probably much like what Russ does for
> debian (although he's  quite possibly much better in choosing the
> right ones). And
> there's a hack in the init script (introduced before I first looked
> into it) that will prevent the client form starting if it can't
> contact any of the DB servers in the client's native cell, even in
> dynroot mode. Some of the messages in Gaurav's report most likely came
> from that mechanism.

Was the db server check in the init script? Did the db server check make
it into the openafs.org source tree?

It's annoying when I occasionally use my Mac on the uber-restrictive
wireless at my work, which blocks all ports but web, email and ssh.

And yes, I am using dynroot mode.

Jason