[OpenAFS] Migrate users vom IBM-AFS to OpenAFS

Silvia Roedelsperger Silvia.Roedelsperger@KOM.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon, 19 May 2008 11:35:10 +0200

Hi,

I hope my question isn't to silly ;-)

We have got one old AFS Server (IBM AIX 3.4) with IBM-AFS and we want to
transfer the data (the volumes) and the users and groups to a new Linux
AFS-Server with OpenAFS.

To transfer the volumes isn't the problem. But how can we migrate all
the users and groups to the new server? The new server won't use
Kerberos5. It will use a kas-server like the old AIX-server does.

Does anybody know where I can find a HowTo or something like that? I
goggled hours and hours but I don't find any useful information for this
topic.

Greetings, Silvia