[OpenAFS] Solaris 10u6: ZFS cache?

Vincent Fox vbfox@ucdavis.edu
Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:04:27 -0700

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> ZFS can't be used directly, but you can allocate a "legacy" filesystem
> device from a ZFS pool, newfs it as UFS, and and point the cache at that.

Thanks, the zvol is what I have done and it works fine.

I have set compression on the zvol, weighing the merits of that.

I do not plan on running with -memcache as suggested elsewhere since
ZFS wants lots of RAM for it's cache I don't really want to slice off more
memory for AFS also.

This kludge does delay the desired extermination of UFS but oh well.....
Since I have the UFS zvol only for AFS usage I have set logging option
as I have read this is not a problem when you have a dedicated filesystem.