[OpenAFS] Re: Proto-TAC

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:40:00 -0500

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Evan Macbeth <emacbeth@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Absolutely and understood. I wasn't talking about replacing anything already
> in place or the community! I was simply supporting moving the TAC from
> "idea" to "implementation."

But the Tac isn't involved in the protocol work at all. It's not
"theirs" to own.
As to architecture and implementation, deciding direction will work better when
1) there are actual resources to use
2) there are implemented processes which make doing review easier, and thus
3) intelligent, informed discussion of (more) issues can be had.

but, i still think there's value in setting this up now and starting
to talk about the things which are not already midstream integration,
which means anything newer than
-DAFS
-rxk5
-Rx/OSD