[OpenAFS] Weird conflict between openafs kernel module and nvidia driver on Ubuntu

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat, 08 Nov 2008 09:20:55 -0500

In message <17AEED90-470F-4715-802F-F8E246B41CA4@ridgetopgroup.com>,"Karl M. Davis" writes:
> As part of my standard setup, I've been editing /etc/openafs/afs.conf:
> <<
> #OPTIONS=AUTOMATIC
> OPTIONS="-chunksize 20 -memcache -blocks 65536"

setting chunksize to 20 (1MB) and using memcache will cause the allocator
to use vmalloc() instead of kmalloc().  vm space is a bit limited on
some systems.  using the memcache i wouldnt consider a chunksize over 15.
since your cache is generally smaller with memcache bigger chunksizes
tends to force the number of files you can hold to a smaller number.