[OpenAFS] Weird conflict between openafs kernel module and nvidia driver on Ubuntu

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:27:12 -0800

"Karl M. Davis" <Karl.Davis@ridgetopgroup.com> writes:

> Okay, after a quick google-ing I think I understand the differences
> between kmalloc() and vmalloc().  I'm guessing, though, that this cache
> is different than the one I set to 500MB while installing the openafs
> client.
>
> I'm just running bog-standard fairly-modern desktops and laptops
> here... what cache settings will likely yield the best performance?

If you're using disk cache, you generally should not use any cache
settings at all.  The client will pick fairly sane defaults that will
probably be as good as anything you choose without analysis of your
specific workload.