FW: FW: [OpenAFS] Adding new server to cell

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) jonathan.wheeler@stfc.ac.uk
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:39:52 -0000

I asked about error messages after adding new database servers

> > 1. Sorry if this sounds like a beginners' question but which are the
> > ubik processes?
>=20
> Er, sorry.
> vlserver, ptserver, (kaserver if you're using it, please say you
aren't)

OK, I will not say that I am running kaserver (whether I am or not)

The solution to the problem was simple: restart the ubik processes on
the old server.  This was something that I was very nervous about doing
as the old server is very old.  But it took about 15 seconds to
complete.  Thank you for your help.

Jonathan Wheeler=20
e-Science Centre=20
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory