[OpenAFS] Solaris 10, OpenAFS, and Firefox 3.0.3
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:25:11 -0500
I'm throwing this out there because I'm getting close
to the end of my ideas on this problem machine. Just
in case someone has experienced something similar or
has any ideas.
* OpenAFS 1.4.7
* SunOS 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,A70
* Firefox 3.0.3 for Solaris 10 (Contributed by Sun)
* Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PROBLEM : Excruciating slowness of both Firefox and
Thunderbird and, eventually, the entire box. It
can take over 5 minutes for the apps to display
Running Firefox and Thunderbird *outside* of AFS works great.
Running the same Firefox and Thunderbird *from AFS* on other
machines works fine (same OS rev, same AFS rev, etc).
1. Box was completely re-imaged and examined closely for
AFS oddities a few days after the problem was found.
It did not help.
2. 'fs getserver' shows proper local fileservers as
preferred for the binaries.
server fs1.foo.com partition /vicepa RW Site
server fs6.foo.com partition /vicepa RO Site
server fs2.foo.com partition /vicepa RO Site
server fs5.foo.com partition /vicepa RO Site
server fs3.foo.com partition /vicepa RO Site
server fs1.foo.com partition /vicepa RO Site
3. No network interface errors and all other networking
4. Local disk-based cache like all of our other hosts. 60MB.
Stumped as of now.