[OpenAFS] max size of vice partition

Andy Malato andym@oak.njit.edu
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:34:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I was wondering what the maximum size for a vice partition is?  I
remember reading somewhere that 2TB was the largest, but don't quite
recall where I read that.

Currently, I am running oafs 1.4.7 on Solaris 10 and I have two vice
partitions that are 1.5TB in size.  When the system boots, I get
messages from fsck about BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG on the two
partitions that are 1.5TB.  The other vice partitions which are all
under 1TB in size, do not exhibit this behavior.

Even though an error is produced by fsck, the partitions are mounted and
the volumes on them are attached.  Running newfs against the partition does
not fix the problem.

I suspect the problem is with the AFS supplied version of fsck having problems
with partitions larger than 1TB?

Thanks for any feedback one can provide.

Regards,

Andy Malato
New Jersey Institute of Technology
University Computing Systems