[OpenAFS] Openafs 1.4.7, Active Directory 2003 user could not access AFS home directory

Wenping Yang yangw3@umdnj.edu
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:23:14 -0400

Derrick Brashear wrote:
>> Thank you for the information. I was so stupid that did not get Derrick's
>> point in the first place.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I am still getting "permission denied" after I put krb.conf
>> file in both places:
>>
>> [root@RArwjmsIST1 etc]# cat /usr/vice/etc/krb.conf
>> MESH.UMDNJ.EDU
>> [root@RArwjmsIST1 etc]# cat /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf
>> MESH.UMDNJ.EDU
>>

> You only need it in the latter, (assuming that's where KeyFile also
> is, it's /usr/afs/etc), and the server needs to have been restarted.
>
> If you still lose, the next step is to look at the key you got from AD.

Finally it works.

I removed the AD key from AFS Keyfile, generated a new keyfile from AD,
added it into AFS Keyfile, which fixed the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Wenping