[OpenAFS] Timed out error on some operations in AFS when accessing from Solaris zone.

Mans Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 01:57:50 +0200

I have a number of apps that try getcwd() from a zone in an AFS directory=
, and failing.=20

Truss says:=20

getcwd(0xFFBFDAE0, 4096)                        Err#145 ETIMEDOUT

Exactly the same operation, but performed from the global zone, works fla=
wlessly.=20

Tokens are in order, I can create files, open them, "pwd" from bash and
ksh works, but some apps simply can't tell where they are. Gnu Make is
one, iirc, along with some other bits and pieces in my toolchain -- the
first occurances were in compiling.

This occurs in several zones, on  5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u with opena=
fs 1.4.4. Zone setup for loopback sharing is typically:=20

fs:
        dir: /afs
        special: /afs
        raw not specified
        type: lofs
fs:
        dir: /usr/vice/cache
        special: /usr/vice/cache
        raw not specified
        type: lofs

...which is the only way I've seen things set up.

Any hints? I'm open to upgrading, no problemo.=20

--=20
M=E5ns Nilsson	=09