[OpenAFS] flock on AFS files

Todd M. Lewis Openafs-Info (E-mail)" <openafs-info@openafs.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:31:36 -0400

I've got quite a bit of code that does flock() on files in AFS, but I've
always worked under the assumption that this would only work if a single
client is doing the writing. I don't recall whether that assumption was
based on empirical testing, reading it somewhere, or being told. In
those few cases where this is not practical, I have a designated writer
client that other clients connect to through other means (sockets) and
coordinate the updates that way. That's reasonably straightforward, but
painful enough that I avoid it whenever possible.

Probably not the answer you wanted...
--
Todd_Lewis@unc.edu