[OpenAFS] 'vos' command dos not finish, file service works ok (sort of), in another cell

Jose Calhariz jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:59:39 +0100

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 10:50:57PM +0100, Jose Calhariz wrote:
>=20
> I have a similar problem in a similar setup.  'vos' commands that
> manipulate VLDB don't finish.  My setup is Two AFSDB servers running Debi=
an
> stable with the lowest IPs + 3 older AFSDB servers.  6 Fileservers,
> some of them in the same machines than the AFSDB servers.
>=20
> My own research have show that one of VL Server was restarting with
> signal 6, if I remember well.  After the restart the server it don't
> see more messages like that.
>=20
> I can do 'udebug server 7003' for all the servers, the server with the
> lowest IP have the following fragment:
>=20
> I am sync site until 57 secs from now (at Mon Sep  8 22:28:18 2008) (5 se=
rvers)
> Recovery state 1f
> I am currently managing write trans 0.4852
> Sync site's db version is 1220892297.1
> 0 locked pages, 0 of them for write
> There are write locks held
> There is an active write transaction
> Transaction tid is 0.0
>=20
> No other AFSDB servers says they have write locks.
>=20
> The best way is to restart this server?  As this AFSDB server is a big
> fileserver, I expect that a restart will put almost half my users
> volumes down for 2 hours.  If everything goes OK.
>=20
> I seek advice, as in the other thread everything went fine with the
> rebuild of the faulty AFSDB server.
>=20
>        Jos=E9 Calhariz
>=20
>=20

Some vos commandos didn't finished like
vos listaddrs
vos examine root.cell (with tokens active)

vos examine root.cell -noauth (sometimes finished, sometimes didn't)

Some clients couldn't start AFS services.

I have restarted all vlservers with active write transaction doing:
bos restart -server $server -instance vlserver -localauth

This seams to fix all the problems.  For the record if someone else is
in the same situation.

     Jos=E9 Calhariz

--=20
--
"Somente 3 coisas p=E1ram no ar:
Helic=F3ptero, beija-flor e Dad=E1 Maravilha"

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--