[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on the Palm Pre smartphone!

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 07:04:00 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Patches please!
>
> I just started this (I'll be on a flight to the bay area, of all places
> in about 20 minute), and I ran into stuff like the make_s_table host tools
> getting compile as arm binaries.

Troy,

See the earlier discussion about the OpenAFS build system problems with
cross-compiling. I would not know how to patch this.

I can, however, guide you through the steps to cross-compile OpenAFS by
hand if you want me to.

> Have you tried disconnected operation yet?

No, I have not. I should say that I had problems with the disk cache on
my Pre and had to use memcache instead. I did not investigate.

-- Alf.

   Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
   SLAC - Scientific Computing         | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
   2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
   Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                 http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)