[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on the Palm Pre smartphone!

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 09:20:43 -0600

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 07:04:00AM -0800, Alf Wachsmann wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>> Patches please!
>>
>> I just started this (I'll be on a flight to the bay area, of all places
>> in about 20 minute), and I ran into stuff like the make_s_table host tools
>> getting compile as arm binaries.
>
> Troy,
>
> See the earlier discussion about the OpenAFS build system problems with
> cross-compiling. I would not know how to patch this.
>
> I can, however, guide you through the steps to cross-compile OpenAFS by
> hand if you want me to.

I think I figured this out (putting HOST_CC instead of 'CC' in Makefile.in)
and I hope to have patches soon.

>> Have you tried disconnected operation yet?
>
> No, I have not. I should say that I had problems with the disk cache on
> my Pre and had to use memcache instead. I did not investigate.

Can you elaborate any on the disk cache problems? I assume this was
likely because the backing filesystem was not ext3?