[OpenAFS] Re: Fedora 10 kernels: openafs-1.4.8/src/afs/afs.h:161: error: field 'Fid' has incomplete type

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 10:18:00 +0000

On 1 Feb 2009, at 09:26, Axel Thimm wrote:

> There are of course more than just kernel changes in Fedora 10 - there
> are many updates to other packages that may have caused this, maybe by
> poluting /usr/include. Have you tried building on a recently updated
> chroot/host?

I build with mock, on the day that the new kernel appears - that
module was built sucessfully on January 27th, against the package set
available in the upstream Fedora 10 repository on that day.

> Perhaps it isn't the kernel changes that bite openafs on x86_64

I've just checked again, using mock against today's set of Fedora
modules, and 1.4.8 still builds fine against that kernel on x86_64.

> I wish Fedora would keep the last kernel-devel around

OpenAFS has a repository of every kernel-devel module that Fedora/
RedHat has released for all of the architectures we build on - I can
let you have older kernel-devel packages if that would be of use to you.

S.