[OpenAFS] trouble loading the kernel module

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:32:29 +0000

On 2 Feb 2009, at 21:10, David Bear wrote:

> I just installed that latest openafs 1.4 on RHEL 4, using the rpm
> from openafs.org.

[snip]
> So, now do I need to modify a config file somewhere or symlink the
> openafs.ko file to some standard location?

You shouldn't need to do anything beyond this. There are a few things
that you should check. Firstly, make sure that your running kernel
matches the model you have installed - you can check the running
kernel with uname -r. It's possible that you've upgraded the kernel,
but not yet rebooted.

Secondly, run depmod -a, just to make sure that the module dependency
information is up to date.

I think you've probably got a mismatch between AFS module, and
running kernel version, though.

S.