[OpenAFS] afs recoverability

David Miguel davidbranquinho@gmail.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:45:58 +0000

--0015175cdba64efefb04620b6f98

Hello,

I have some questions about recovering afs. Concerning two scenarios:

1. If I loose all afs servers (binaries, configurations, etc...), and I'm
left with the partitions with the volumes inside, can I read the data in the
volumes without mounting the entire cell again?

2. Often some files in a disk partition become corrupt, still, we can get
all other files from the partition. If part of a volume in /vicepxx becomes
corrupt, I loose the hole volume or only some files?

Thank you very much,
--david

--0015175cdba64efefb04620b6f98

Hello,<br><br>I have some questions about recovering afs. Concerning two sc=
enarios:<br><br>1. If I loose all afs servers (binaries, configurations, et=
c...), and I&#39;m left with the partitions with the volumes inside, can I =
read the data in the volumes without mounting the entire cell again?<br>
et all other files from the partition. If part of a volume in /vicepxx beco=
mes corrupt, I loose the hole volume or only some files?<br><br clear=3D"al=
l">
Thank you very much,<br>--david<br>

--0015175cdba64efefb04620b6f98--