[OpenAFS] AFS to NFS translator in Linux

Vincent Fox vbfox@ucdavis.edu
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:23:05 -0800

Daniel Richard G. wrote:
> My understanding is that the translator currently does not work on Linux. (I
> do believe it works on Solaris.)

Well if you loosely define "work" as only flips out a few times a week.
I ran it for a while on a multi-purposed Solaris admin server and it was
inconveniencing us by taking out a semi-important admin server often.
Then I moved NFS translator to a dedicated machine and got frustrated
with it there too.   Now I just a have a script that copies files out of AFS
on a recurring basis, and reshares the resulting directory tree in NFS.
Avoid the translator IMO.