[OpenAFS] Files getting corrupted from some clients

Alex Rolfe arolfe@MIT.EDU
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:48:14 -0500

Have you tried doing similar operations (eg, unpacking linux kernel
source) just on the local disk of the clients from which you see
corruption?  The one time we saw something like this turned out to be a
linux kernel bug that only showed up when certain modules were loaded (I
think it was the raid0 module)- we noticed it as corruption in AFS but
it turned out to be easy to replicate with only the local file system.
AFS was suffering because files in the client's on-disk cache were
corrupted locally and then written back to the server.

Alex