[OpenAFS] Files getting corrupted from some clients

Troy Telford ttelford.groups@gmail.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:34:36 -0700

Harald Barth wrote:
> What file system type(s) do you use for AFS caches? I use ext2 or
> ext3. Because the cache does not contain anything that _must_ survive
> a reboot (unless you use the experimental disconnected features in
> 1.5.x), I suggest ext2 for speed. I had really bad experiences with
> reiserfs.

The cache _was_ on ext3 (with journaling), but I've also tried creating an
ext2-filesystem on a file (ie. the filesystem image is then loop-mounted as
ext2) - with identical results.

> Does the corruption occur if you use memcache, too?

I don't know; I've never used memcache.  In fact, I didn't know it existed...