[OpenAFS] Linux packages for 1.5?

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:24:05 -0400

At what point should the 1.5.xx series be considered "usable" on Linux?
I'm thinking usable as 1.4.xx is, not trying disconnected mode, at the
moment.

I've tried  Linux clients from 1.5.71-73 with varying amounts of
success, but in no case has it been sufficient.  A quick look at my
domain, and you'll see that I'm likely connecting to a stunning (or
annoying) variety of servers, which might explain my results.  In every
case, I've had "holes" in my data as viewed in /afs.  Though those holes
have gotten smaller with each release, some still appear to be there
with 1.5.73.  Is there something I can run that will furnish debug
information to be of some help?  A quick glance through "pts help" or
"fs help" doesn't really suggest anything to me.  I'm presuming I want
to identify missing data, and run something against the mount point or
against the server.  With 1.5.72 I found that the mount points
themselves were missing for some data.  I guess I also need to know how
to map a mount point to a server.  By the way, this stuff is both
same-cell and cross-cell.  For the testing I've done so far, any
cross-cell data is "system:anyuser rl" - I haven't gotten to getting
extra tokens.

Thanks,
Dale Pontius