[OpenAFS] Can client's CellServDB file rely on DNS?

Ken Elkabany Ken@Elkabany.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 11:24:33 -0700

--000e0cd1170a87663b0483a9acfd

Hello,

We have had to replace our master openafs fileserver several times. Each
time we have had to go through each client and update the CellServDB file to
reflect the IP address of the new replacement server. Since we always map a
domain name to the master openafs fileserver, is it possible to specify in
the CellServDB file to always use domain name x as opposed to an IP? This
feature would allow the system to reconfigure itself automatically once the
DNS information is updated. By any chance is this feature already present
and I've simply missed it?

Thanks,

Ken

--000e0cd1170a87663b0483a9acfd

ver several times. Each time we have had to go through each client and upda=
te the CellServDB file to reflect the IP=A0address of the new replacement s=
erver. Since we always map a domain name to the master openafs fileserver, =
is it possible to specify in the CellServDB file to always use domain name =
x as opposed to an IP? This feature would allow the system to reconfigure i=
tself automatically once the DNS information is updated. By any chance is t=
his feature already present and I&#39;ve simply missed it?</div>

--000e0cd1170a87663b0483a9acfd--