[OpenAFS] OpenAFS algorithm

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous@kezia.com
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:58:05 +0200

Hi,

We are testing OpenAFS. We have a new cell, hosted by two servers
located in two differents cities A and B.
Only on server (in A) have a RW volume, and all servers (in A and B)
have a RO copy of the volume.

 From an OpenAFS client located in B, i tried to access to data of the
cell. The time necessary to display the picture lets me to say that the
client contacted the remote server in A.

My question is how to permit client in B to use server in B ? I didn't
found any document explaining the algorithm used by OpenAFS to decide
the server contacted by the client.

Best regards,

--
*Fabien COMBERNOUS*