[OpenAFS] Re: Ubik problem
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:51:34 +0300 (EEST)
> > /2/ can he resolve the server setup such that when udebug is
> > run, it only reports "correct" IP addresses? (Ideally only
> > the primary, but the other interfaces should be ok so long
> > as packets sent through them get to the same place.)
> I do think this can be solved by just removing the 'M ' in NetRetsrict
> on the new server, by the way.
The M is (and always was) there in the old IBM AFS server's NetRestrict
But but but. I may have found another NetRestrict related issue that
just might have something to do with the whole mess.
Let's go back a few weeks. I set the new server up on a different IP
address to begin with (as it was a "development" server that I was
deploying alongside the sun4x_58 220.127.116.11, which was still in
production at that time). At that time, I only made it a fileserver
and gradually moved all the files from the old sun4x_58 18.104.22.168
onto it. After the other sun4x_58 box developed a hardware problem,
I figured I'd just throw all other servers on in the the sunx86_510
"development" box, change the IP address, vos changeaddr, done.
I've only just now spotted it that I had a NetRestrict on the new server
that had the "old" development IP address. So it has had a NetRestrict
that enabled two specific IP addresses, neither of which was the address
it is supposed to have, 22.214.171.124.
It does not seem to have been such a problem because files (and to
some extent, other data...) have been served from the new server all
this time, but it's certainly not a good thing to have there.
Changed, bos restart localhost -all, let's see if it changes anything.
If this was it, I'm really sorry to have wasted everybody's time with it.
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.) / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish & / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
+358-9-19158939 UNIX Dinosaur / employs me, but my opinions are my own.
< URL : http : / / www . helsinki . fi / %7E atossava / > NO FILE ATTACHMENTS