[OpenAFS] Re: Ubik problem

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:51:34 +0300 (EEST)

> > /2/ can he resolve the server setup such that when udebug is
> > 	run, it only reports "correct" IP addresses?  (Ideally only
> > 	the primary, but the other interfaces should be ok so long
> > 	as packets sent through them get to the same place.)
>
> I do think this can be solved by just removing the 'M ' in NetRetsrict
> on the new server, by the way.

The M is (and always was) there in the old IBM AFS server's NetRestrict
file only.

But but but.  I may have found another NetRestrict related issue that
just might have something to do with the whole mess.

Let's go back a few weeks.  I set the new server up on a different IP
address to begin with (as it was a "development" server that I was
deploying alongside the sun4x_58 128.214.58.174, which was still in
production at that time).  At that time, I only made it a fileserver
and gradually moved all the files from the old sun4x_58 128.214.58.174
onto it.  After the other sun4x_58 box developed a hardware problem,
I figured I'd just throw all other servers on in the the sunx86_510
"development" box, change the IP address, vos changeaddr, done.

I've only just now spotted it that I had a NetRestrict on the new server
that had the "old" development IP address.  So it has had a NetRestrict
that enabled two specific IP addresses, neither of which was the address
it is supposed to have, 128.214.58.174.

It does not seem to have been such a problem because files (and to
some extent, other data...) have been served from the new server all
this time, but it's certainly not a good thing to have there.

Changed, bos restart localhost -all, let's see if it changes anything.
DOH!
If this was it, I'm really sorry to have wasted everybody's time with it.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,