[OpenAFS] Re: is this what windows folks call "integrated login"?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:48:30 -0400

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> wrote:

> Derrick Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>> Did you try the feature that 'obtains tickets at login' in the prefs pan=
e?

> Hey, that's pretty nifty; when was it added? =A0Is there documentation
> anywhere?

Uh. It's the AfsCommander tool from Claudio Bisegni, integrated for
1.4.12 and 1.5.x around 1.5.65.

> It's not quite what I wanted, though... it makes me type in my username
> (er, pricipal) and password a second time. =A0I was hoping I could just
> tell it "hey, assume that my kerberos principal is the same as ThisCell
> (but upcased), and use the username and password I typed into the MacOSX
> Login Dialog instead of asking me again".
>
> Anything out there that can do this?

That tool can do that too, it tweaks /etc/authorization. What did you click=
?
You wanted "Get krb5 credential at login".