[OpenAFS] Proposed changes for server log rotation

Jeff Blaine jblaine@kickflop.net
Thu, 02 Dec 2010 20:40:36 -0500

On 12/2/2010 8:06 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think you should just deprecate all logging methods other than syslog,
> at least on UNIX.  There's a perfectly useable system service that handles
> all this already.  I don't think it's a useful use of our development
> resources to do a halfway reimplemention of syslogd.

Here here! x1000

What would be awesome too, but a separate project/proposal and
effort, is configurable syslogging of statistic points.  A
summary of various counters or what have you every minute
(configurable) would be fantastic.