[OpenAFS] Re: Proposed changes for server log rotation

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:00:37 -0500

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:53:08 -0600
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Why lose the logs? It's already annoying enough when I get told a "vos
> release" failed and there's no record of the "vos" output. That's
> going to make my life difficult when someone can't remember when or
> what they salvaged by hand.

are you sure you dont want auditing instead of attempting to use the
logs to reverse engineer what happened.  the logs dont tell you who
salvaged what -- just that something was salvaged.  currently, the
information is lost if you manually salvage anything more than couple
volumes individually.