[OpenAFS] Re: Anyone got a howto on tuning for a high latency network?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:44:44 -0500

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:53:40 +0100 (CET)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> > I'm struggling with performance issues on a 300ms network link. Do
> > anyone got a suggestion on how to tune this to its best?
>
> If you see dropped fragments which trigger resends, try to set
> RX_MAX_FRAG (the #define in the rx source) to 1.

Isn't this effectively the default as of 1.4.mumble? You might just try
fiddling with the -jumbo/-nojumbo options, though. (Usually turning it
_off_ can result in speed gains, but who knows, maybe turning it on
might help you)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net