[OpenAFS] Integrated login and "Authentication Server was unavailable"

Michael Richter m.richter@tu-berlin.de
Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:21:20 +0200

I tried to set KFW and AFS paths on first position in PATH but it didn't =

worked.

And I tried logging before but the eventviewer said only:
~~~
[AFS Client] OpenAFS Start Pending.
[AFS Client] Security Level is Clear.
[AFS Client] OpenAFS Running.
[AFS Logon] Integrated login failed: Authentication Server was unavailabl=
~~~

I tried now KFW 3.2.3 alpha but it made no difference.

Would it be an option to copy all KFW files to \Windows directory?

schrieb Jeffrey Altman:
> On 6/1/2010 6:16 AM, Michael Richter wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> we use AFS with integrated login on our windows clients (WinXPPro) or =
we
>> try to. Some of our old machines work great with integrated login. But=

>> most of our new migrated clients does not. If I try to login I get the=

>> message "Integrated login failed: Authentication Server was unavailabl=
e"
>> after a few seconds. We use OpenAFS 1.5.74 but we also tried older
>> versions (59, 60, 66) and we use KFW 3.2.2.
>>
>> Google told me, that our error message means, that KFW (Kerberos 5) is=

>> not used. I tried also "EnableKFW" reg key but it didn't change anythi=
ng.

>> Is this a problem bewween AFS and KFW? Does someone know how to get th=
is
>> working?
>>
>> Michael
>
> One possible cause is that the PATH environment variable on the machine=

> was longer than the max length prior to the installation of KFW and
> therefore the Kerberos libraries cannot be found by afslogon.dll.
>
> Regardless of the actual cause the place to start is by enabling
> debug logging to the Windows Application Event Log of the integrated
> logon actions.  Please see section 4.6 of
>
>    Start->Programs->OpenAFS->Documentation->Release Notes
>
> Jeffrey Altman

--=20
Mit freundlichen Gr=C3=BC=C3=9Fen
Michael Richter