[OpenAFS] openafs packages for Fodera 13?

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:29:07 +0100

On 10 Jun 2010, at 22:52, Derrick Brashear wrote:

>> Does anyone know when the yum repository for Fodera 13 would come
>> out?  It
>> looks like RPM fusion has openafs rpms available already. But I
>> think I read
>> somewhere before that they are not directly from openafs.org.

Indeed, the RPM Fusion RPMs are not the same as the openafs.org ones.
I've ranted on this subject to this list too many times before [1],
but the summary is that the RPMFusion RPMS install things in such a
way that you are likely to find much of the OpenAFS documentation
misleading, and you are unlikely to be able to get community support
as readily as when you use an OpenAFS build.

Cheers,

Simon.

[1] - https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2010-March/033162.html