[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] 1.6 and post-1.6 OpenAFS branch management and schedule

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 23:05:46 -0400

--Apple-Mail-26--63480521

On Jun 16, 2010, at 22:29 , Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 6/16/2010 9:50 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>>> We're using uss in a non-kaserver environment. I know that we
>>> could do
>>> without it, but it's nice to have. If uss weren't available, an
>>> equivalent tool would need to be available.
>>
>> Hm, that implies that it's currently useful now.  Should we just
>> provide a
>> way to disable all the Kerberos account creation bits and leave it?
>
> Another option would be to permit the account management bits to
> be replaced by plug-ins or external scripts.

Makes sense to me; we don't use uss, but I have Perl code that uses
Expect.pm to talk to kadmin as part of our own account creation
tools.  (We would need a uss hook anyway to add information to our own
account databases.)  Perhaps I should make that generic and contribute
it as a skeleton account creation script for a modified uss.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu

--Apple-Mail-26--63480521