[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] 1.6 and post-1.6 OpenAFS branch management and schedule

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:13:40 -0500

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:46:25 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> We're using uss in a non-kaserver environment. I know that we could do
> without it, but it's nice to have. If uss weren't available, an
> equivalent tool would need to be available.

I haven't used uss and so don't know how useful it is to keep in the
OpenAFS tree, but perhaps something like it should be spun off into
another project; I'd imagine it's one of those things that many
organizations write themselves at some point or another. ACM@UIUC has
(or had) a remctl-based user creation thing I can get you, if you want
to look, and it sounds like Brandon has something interesting.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net