[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] 1.6 and post-1.6 OpenAFS branch management and schedule

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:43:50 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> I haven't used uss and so don't know how useful it is to keep in the
> OpenAFS tree, but perhaps something like it should be spun off into
> another project; I'd imagine it's one of those things that many
> organizations write themselves at some point or another. ACM@UIUC has
> (or had) a remctl-based user creation thing I can get you, if you want
> to look, and it sounds like Brandon has something interesting.

I think it would be fairly difficult to spin uss off as a separate project
and keep it working.  Spinning it off I suspect would just be another way
of killing it.