[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] 1.6 and post-1.6 OpenAFS branch management and schedule

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 03:52:55 -0400

--On Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:59:29 AM -0700 Russ Allbery
<rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> I'm quite sure that, after an unclean crash, your Windows server doesn't
> remount the file system without doing a consistency check.  No operating
> system treats its file systems that way.

MS-DOS did.  Of course, that hardly qualifies as an operating system.
Modern Windows definitely _does_ do a filesystem consistency check after a
crash.  It's a bit better than most traditional UNIX systems about also
automatically _repairing_ any problems it finds, so you have a fairly good
chance of your system actually coming up afterward.

-- Jeff