[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] 1.6 and post-1.6 OpenAFS branch management and schedule

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:38:45 +0200 (CEST)

> I'd really like us to standardise on a _small_ (ideally one) set of
> supported configurations which we suggest for each release - and for
> the binary packages that we point users at to use that set of
> configurations across all platforms. It's the only way that we're
> ever going to manage to produce a coherent documentation set, to
> provide meaning

If there would not be this FEAR of changing options from values that
were useful 1990 to ones that fit 2010, this issue with different
distros choosing different useful values for 2010 would not be as
big as it is now.

Harald.