[OpenAFS] CellServDB

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:17:18 -0400 (EDT)

On 2010-06-18 at 20:08, Mattias Pantzare ( pantzer@ludd.ltu.se ) said:

> But maybe the CellServeDB is not really the problem, the problem is
> that the client will list all sites in it by default. What if we just
> changed the default to not list sites other than the default site
> (that the installation program prompts for)?

Or instead of asking OpenAFS to do this, you could do this yourself, using
a configuration management system or series of shell scripts to make sure
the CellServDB on all of your clients contains only entries you care
about. If you're not already using such a system, perhaps you should be.

Any problems beyond that are then a result of the software in question
assuming everything under / is 'local' and 'fast'.

--andy