[OpenAFS] gerrit now has bugzilla integration

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:22:33 +0100

On 20 Jun 2010, at 04:11, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Matt W. Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com> =
wrote:
>> wow.  do we want that?  replacement for rt?
>>=20
>> Matt
>>=20
>> ----- "Adam Megacz" <adam@megacz.com> wrote:
>>=20
>>> FYI
>>>=20
>>>   http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=3D124
>=20
> Speaking personally, I don't. I prefer RT to bugzilla. Something else
> might be better but I have no interest in touching bugzilla.

No matter, this ticket doesn't actually give bugzilla integration at =
all. What it does do is provide indexing of a git footer entry that =
contains a reference to an external tracking ID, so you can search the =
gerrit UI for that ID.

We already use 'FIXES <blah>' for a similar purpose - but this won't be =
compatible with this change, because it's not a git footer. I suppose we =
should consider whether we want to continue using 'FIXES', or if we want =
to move to something like 'Fixes: <blah>' which would be more compatible =
with git's world view.

Cheers,

Simon.=