[OpenAFS] gerrit now has bugzilla integration

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 07:37:57 -0400

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Simon Wilkinson <sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2010, at 04:11, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Matt W. Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com> wr=
ote:
>>> wow. =A0do we want that? =A0replacement for rt?
>>>
>>> Matt

>> Speaking personally, I don't. I prefer RT to bugzilla. Something else
>> might be better but I have no interest in touching bugzilla.
>
> No matter, this ticket doesn't actually give bugzilla integration at all.=
 What it does do is provide indexing of a git footer entry that contains a =
reference to an external tracking ID, so you can search the gerrit UI for t=
hat ID.

> We already use 'FIXES <blah>' for a similar purpose - but this won't be c=
ompatible with this change, because it's not a git footer. I suppose we sho=
uld consider whether we want to continue using 'FIXES', or if we want to mo=
ve to something like 'Fixes: <blah>' which would be more compatible with gi=
t's world view.

I assume since the commit messages are part of the sha1, we can't do
back and rewrite the world we have.

--=20
Derrick