[OpenAFS] Any budding documentation writers

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:35:25 -0800

Chaz Chandler <clc31@inbox.com> writes:

> Sounds pretty good for linux-type systems.  On IRIX, pam is broken and
> most of the login stuff in the docs is still current.  I suspect that
> sections of the docs that deal with the less-popular unix variants are
> still largely applicable.

I think IRIX and possibly AIX are the only ones that lose there among
platforms that we still support.  Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX should all use
PAM (HP-UX PAM is weird, but I believe pam-krb5 and pam-afs-session will
both work around its deficiencies successfully), and of course PAM is the
right option for the *BSD systems (and Mac OS X and Windows are their own
worlds).

I have been told that pam-afs-session compiles and works on AIX as of a
few versions ago, but pam-krb5 doesn't.  Having no access to an AIX system
(and feeling fairly happy about that), I don't know any more details.