[OpenAFS] Re: SYNC_connect: temporary failure on circuit 'FSSYNC' (will retry)

Adam Megacz adam@megacz.com
Wed, 06 Oct 2010 03:54:17 +0000

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
> If you see it a lot, I'd like to know more about what's going
> on with your server, but otherwise it's not anything to worry about.

Well, the FileServer and VolServer are both refusing to start, and this
message is the only thing in their logs that seems to explain the
situation...

>> What's a circuit?
>
> Just a name someone gave for the communication mechanism being used, I
> guess. I don't associate much meaning with the term.

I humbly suggest that using standard unix terminology like "named pipe"
might be a good idea.

  - a