[OpenAFS] Re: SYNC_connect: temporary failure on circuit 'FSSYNC' (will retry)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:59:54 -0700

Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> writes:
> Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

>> Just a name someone gave for the communication mechanism being used, I
>> guess. I don't associate much meaning with the term.

> I humbly suggest that using standard unix terminology like "named pipe"
> might be a good idea.

It's not a named pipe, though.  It's either a UNIX domain socket or a TCP
socket.  The problem with saying that socket setup failed is that implies
something with creation of the listening socket failed, as opposed to
establishing the connection.

I suspect s/circuit/connection/ would be clearer.