[OpenAFS] Re: pts: Permission denied ; unable to create user admin

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:56:04 -0500

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:21:22 +0100
fosiul alam <expertalert@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI thanks
> Thats problem was solved .. I found out that
> CEllServDB and ThisCell was not holding right hostname
>
> but now i am having another problem which is
> bellow command hang, it does not do anything, just sit there..
> pts createuser -name fosiul -cell cellname  -noauth

Hmm, does any other pts command work? Try "pts listmax"; does that also
hang?

Are you _sure_ CellServDB is set correctly? That is, the entry for
<cellname> contains an entry for the IP of the machine you are on?

Also, what version of OpenAFS?

> bellow is
>  bos status host.cell.local  -noauth -long

host.cell.local doesn't resolve to a 127.* IP address, does it? You are
going to want a "real" IP for this, though that may not be your problem
here.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net