[OpenAFS] Moving directory and files preserving attributes and privileges

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:57:32 -0400

You mean unix modes, or AFS permissions? The former, cp -p is fine;
the latter, you'd want "up", as bundled with OpenAFS.

up [options] from to
v is verbose
1 is one level only, don't go into child directories
r renames anything in the way to whatever.old
f causes a mode on a conflicting file to be ignored and the file
overwritten, otherwise, files that are chmod -w are not wiped.
x preserves dates on source files
m preservers mount points (otherwise they are treated as directories
and copied if they otherwise would be, e.g. one level only applies)

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Claudio Prono <claudio.prono@atpss.net> wro=
te: