[OpenAFS] Windows 7 and the loopback adapter problem revisited

Fri, 03 Sep 2010 16:35:22 -0400

--------------enigCD9E324CADEDB0CD76EEE1E9

On 9/3/2010 3:52 PM, Mickey Lane wrote:
> Un-checking and rebooting causes a minor change but does not put
> the system in its initial non-functioning state. The only difference
> noted is that I now need to wait 4-5 minutes after any adapter
> changes to see OpenAFS start working again.

A 30 to 45 second wait would not be unusual as that is the time the
afsd_service waits after receiving an IP address change before
re-registering the NetBIOS name in order to permit the routing info for
the adapter to stabilize.

> I don't think I'm working with a valid cause and effect relationship
> here. On the other hand, OpenAFS is working even after I add/subtract
> network adapters (+ the wait) so something in the O/S has changed.

Possibly one of the security updates that was applied on 11 August.
You are not the only one that is failing to be able to reproduce this iss=
ue.

Jeffrey Altman