[OpenAFS] Re: Tuning the -daemons.

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:36:04 +0100

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2011-February/035407.html=
)
> I asked about the client -daemons flag.

Reviewing your original post, it has occurred to me that your problem =
could be a symptom of an issue a number of sites are seeing with =
callback breaks. Essentially, it is possible for the thread in client =
that handles incoming network traffic to hang whilst handling a callback =
break. If this happens, it appears to the fileserver like the client is =
no longer handling data, and you will see the errors that you have been =
seeing.

We believe that this behaviour is fixed in 1.6.0pre4. If you still have =
your test environment, it would be very interesting to know whether you =
still see these problems.

Cheers,

Simon.