[OpenAFS] callback breaks (was Re: Tuning the -daemons.)

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:11:18 -0400

On 04/18/2011 08:36 AM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2011, at 12:33, Jan Johansson wrote:
>> Some time ago (in thread
>> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2011-February/035407.html)
>> I asked about the client -daemons flag.
> Reviewing your original post, it has occurred to me that your problem could be a symptom of an issue a number of sites are seeing with callback breaks. Essentially, it is possible for the thread in client that handles incoming network traffic to hang whilst handling a callback break. If this happens, it appears to the fileserver like the client is no longer handling data, and you will see the errors that you have been seeing.
>
> We believe that this behaviour is fixed in 1.6.0pre4. If you still have your test environment, it would be very interesting to know whether you still see these problems.
Hi Simon,

Where I get more info on the callback break break problem? Does this
affect windows clients? I'm wondering if we might be having this problem
at my work.

Thanks,
Jason