[OpenAFS] .dmrc file being ignored

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:34:31 +0200

Quoting Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de>:

> this works fine here on EL <= 6 (EL6 has gdm-2.30).

Debian squeeze has gdm 2.20. Are you suggesting that I'm dealing with
a gdm bug or a Debian bug?

> I always liked it that gdm, unlike other *dm, reads the file
> after acquiring the user's credentials.

Unfortunately, that's not happening here, so Red Hat must be different.

> The common workaround is to replace such files with symlinks to one
> in a directory with system:anyuser read permissions.

But, would that not mean that system:anyuser would also have to have
permission to list files in people's home directories? Otherwise, it
seems to me that the symlinks would not be visible.

Cheers,

Jaap